CAT 2019 Application Form is one of the most important steps to start the journey of cracking CAT in order to take admission in one of the best B-schools in the country. The filling up of the application process is likely to start from 7th of August, 2019. Therefore, candidates, who are looking forward to join any IIM or any of the leading B-school which accept CAT, must keep a track of the date when the registration process and filling of application will start. This is a very important step as the candidates, who do not fill up the form properly will not be able to download their admit card form the official site of CAT as admit card will not be issued for those candidates.
Candidates, who are wondering about how to know the date of filling up the CAT 2019 application form, must know that the notification will be available in the official site of CAT by 28th July, 2019. The application form is expected to be available in the same site by the 7th of August, 2019.
Candidates are also required to know that there will not be any offline form, as the entire process will be done online. Right from filling up the form to submitting it, everything will be done online. As a matter of fact, candidates must not get confused between the application form and registration form as the CAT application form is a part of the registration. While completing the registration process, candidates will be able to fill up the application form and submit it.
CAT 2019 Application Form Documents Required to Complete
- The foremost thing would be the right and required educational details. The usual documents that would be needed are mark sheets or certificate of 10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma.
- Documents of work experience. This is exclusively for working professionals who want to do MBA from IIM or any other participating institute.
- Candidates who fall under reserved category, for example, SC, ST, OBC, PWD, have to upload the scanned copy of their caste certificate.
- Scanned image of your recent passport size coloured photo with dimensions 35mm X 45mm, and scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. The file formats have to be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not exceed 80KB each.
- The candidates are needed to list the IIM programmes which they want to apply for.
- They can also choose their preferred test centres while filling up the form.
CAT 2019 Application Form Important Points
- The process of registration and filling up CAT 2019 application form is completely online.
- The window period of registration and filling up the application form is of 45 days from the day it commences and candidates must do the needful within this period.
- Candidates must note that when they register for CAT 2019, they will automatically apply for the same. This means there will not be any separate application form for the test.
- The CAT 2019 test fee is expected to be Rs.1900, like last year. However, for candidates who come under SC or ST category, will have to pay Rs.950.
- If the information entered in the form by the candidate is found to be incorrect, not only the candidature of the candidate will be treated as invalid but the registration fee will also be forfeited.
- There are three steps of completing the application form and all the three steps have to be completed properly.
- As candidates start filling up the application form, they must read the instructions carefully.
- Candidates will get the platform to save and exit the registration and application form for as many times as they want. They can Save & Continue any section till they submit the application.
- After they complete the registration and application form, they can submit the same and the fee for the test has to be paid once the application is submitted.
- If candidates do not pay the exam fee at the time of filling of CAT 2019 application form, the process will not be considered complete and they will not be able to download their admit card to appear for the test.
- The payment can be done through various mode, including Net banking/Credit card/Debit card.
Candidates, who think there is need for any correction in their form, will be able to edit their details in the last week of September, 2019. Once the registration and CAT 2019 application form is submitted properly, candidates will receive the CAT 2019 ID and password. With the help of this login credentials, candidates can enter into the CAT official site in order to edit their details and even to download admit card before the exam and download their score card after the test.
CAT 2019 Application Form Important Dates
|Application Form Events||Tentative Dates|
|Start of CAT 2019 Online Registration||7th August, 2019|
|Last Day of Registration||18th of September, 2019|
|Correction Window||23rd of September, 2019|
Click Now for CAT 2019 registration
The CAT 2019 is accepted by all the IIMs and participating institutes. However, the final selection of the candidates after the result depends much on the cut-off marks. Every IIM and participating institute has its own cut-off marks. Therefore, candidates must make it a point that they check all the cut-off marks of various institutes in which they may get admission in. Candidates are also required to know that there is no specific age limit to apply for the test, therefore, anybody who fall under the eligibility criteria of the test may apply for it.
Candidates must make it a point of taking a hard copy of the application form, admit card and even the score card. As a matter of fact, the hard copy of score card should be kept until the admission process is over.