NEET 2019 – Earlier held by CBSE every year, the upcoming NEET 2019 is going to be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET 2019 is organised every year with an aim to offer admission to candidates in undergraduate medical programmes which include MBBS, BDS and Ayush courses offered by Indian Medical Colleges. The entrance exam will be held in pen paper based mode. It is presently the only national level medical entrance exam in the country. NEET 2019 Revised Notification has recently been released.
Changes Introduced Last Year
Based on the proposal of Union Health Ministry, many changes in the NEET UG entrance exam were approved by MCI. Mentioned below are the new changes listed which were introduced last year:
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are the two states which have joined 15% All India Quota scheme. Candidates who belong to these states will have not to submit Self Declaration form.
- Aadhaar Card is not a mandatory document that has to be referred while filling up the NEET application form. However, candidates will need an ID proof so as to apply for the entrance test.
- Indian candidates, who want to pursue their MBBS or BDS in any foreign country, will have to qualify NEET UG exam.
- The attempt limit has been removed. Now the candidates will be able to attempt the entrance exam until the age limit according to their categories.
- Candidates, who have been to NIOS or State Open School, will not be allowed to take the test.
- There will be one set of question paper in all languages.
- There question paper will be bilingual.
- From August 2018, 3,000 practice centres will be set up by NTA for NEET UG examination. The practice centres will function on Saturdays and Sundays. Candidates will get at least an hour to practice.
- As per officials, teaching centres will be started by NTA for NEET aspirants. There will be no fee charged for coaching. It is likely to start functioning from May 2019.
NEET 2019 Important Events Dates
|Application form Release||1st November 2018|
|Application submission last date||30th November 2018|
|Last date to pay the fee||November 2018|
|Correction Window Open||December 2018|
|Admit card available||15th April 2019|
|Exam date||5th May 2019|
|Answer key Release||Within a week after exam|
|Announcement of result||5th June 2019|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET 2019 Application Form
- The application form will be made available to the candidates in online mode.
- There will not be any application issued through offline mode.
- The registration process for NEET UG 2019 will start from November 1, 2018.
- Candidates would be required to upload the scanned images of their latest passport size photograph and signature.
- After the candidates fill up the application thoroughly, a confirmation page will be generated. They will have to download it.
- They must keep the confirmation page safely with themselves.
NEET 2019 Application Fee
- The application fee for General and OBC candidates will be Rs. 1400/-.
- The SC/ST and PH candidates will have to pay Rs. 750/- as application fee.
- Candidates will be able to make payment of their application fee through credit/debit card, net banking, UPI and e-wallet.
- Candidates must know that service tax will be applicable.
NEET 2019 Application Correction
The board will provide one opportunity to the candidates to correct their information. The details are mentioned herein below:
- All the corrections will have to be done online.
- The period of correction will be in the month of December, 2018.
- Regarding correction in photograph and signature, candidates will be sent e-mail/SMS. Candidates will also get the same in their login account.
- The fields in which candidates can make correction are
- Date of birth
- Identification Identity
- Examination Centre
- Disability status
- State code of eligibility
- Medium of exam paper
- Qualifying Examination Code & Percentage (%) of Marks Secured in Class 12th
- Parents Name (Father’s & Mother’s)
If any additional fee is charged, candidates will be able to pay it through debit/credit card and net banking.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling up the application form, candidates need to make sure that they match the eligibility criteria to apply for NEET 2019. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned herein below:
- The candidates need to be 17+ years of age.
- The maximum age for General category candidates is 25 years.
- The maximum age for SC/ST & OBC category candidates is 30 years.
- Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) Non Resident Indians (NRIs) and Foreign Nationals will be allowed to apply for NEET UG.
- Candidates who are from J&K state will be allowed to apply for 15% All India Quota. However, this will be based on self declaration.
Aadhaar Card Mandate:
- It is not mandatory to provide Aadhaar Card number to apply for NEET exam.
- Candidates from J&K, Assam & Meghalaya will be able to apply by submitting their ration card number, passport number, bank account number. They can even submit their any other valid Government ID number.
- For NRI candidates; they will be able to apply through Aadhaar Card number or Passport Number.
- PIO, OCI & Foreign nationals candidates will be able to apply through their Passport Number.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing for their 10+2 exam are also eligible.
- Subjects: Students must have physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology with English as compulsory subject in their 10+2.
- Percentage Criteria: General category candidates need to have 50% marks, C/ST candidates in the PCB group need to have 40%, while Physically Handicapped candidates must have 45% marks.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The NEET 2019 will be conducted on May 5, 2019.
- The entrance test is going to be organized in pen and paper based (offline) mode.
- Candidates will come across objective type of questions in the exam.
- The total duration of the entrance examination will be three hours.
- The total numbers of questions will be 180.
- The languages in the question paper will be in Hindi, English, Bengali, Gujarati, Oriya, Marathi, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Kannada languages.
- Four marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2019 Syllabus
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electronic Devices, etc.
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Solid State
- p-Block Elements
- Phenols and Ethers
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Ecology and Environment
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
NEET 2019 Admit Card
Only those candidates will be able to download admit card who successfully submit their application. The details about the admit card are mentioned herein below:
- NEET admit card 2019 is going to be released on April 15, 2019.
- Candidates can get their admit card through online mode.
- A particular format to affix postcard size photograph will be released with the admit card.
- If the candidates come across any kind of discrepancy in the admit card, they must get in touch with the exam conducting authority.
- After candidates download the admit card, a PDF copy of the same will be sent to their registered email ID.
NEET 2019 Answer Key
- The NEET 2019 answer key will be published within a few days of the completion of the entrance test.
- The answer key will be released online along with question paper.
- The candidates will get the opportunity to challenge against the answer key. However, they will need to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer in order to challenge the answer key.
- To challenge the answer key, candidates will require visiting the login portal and entering their user ID and password.
NEET 2019 Result
- The NEET 2019 result will be declared on June 5, 2019.
- Candidates who appear in the entrance test will be able to check their result online.
- The result will not be prepared category-wise.
- There will not be any provision for re-evaluation or re-checking of the answer sheets.
NEET 2019 Rank List
- A merit list will be prepared by the board as per the guidance of DGHS, MCI and DCI.
- For the 15% All India Quota, a merit list will be prepared.
- As per the rank of the candidates in the NEET UG examination, candidates will be called for the counselling process.
NEET 2019 Cutoff
Candidates will need to qualify the cutoff marks by obtaining more marks than the cutoff. The details about NEET 2019 cutoff are mentioned herein below:
- The cutoff marks will be released along with the result through online mode.
- The cutoff marks depend on various factors such as number of candidates appeared in the exam, performance of the candidates, difficulty level of the exam, and many more.
The qualifying cutoff marks of previous year are mentioned herein below:
|OBC, SC & ST||288|
|UR – PH||324|
|OBC, SC, ST – PH||288|
NEET 2019 Counselling
- The counselling process will be organised online.
- Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services will administer counselling for 15% All India Quota seats.
- The respective state counselling authorities will organise state level counselling separately.
- The counselling process of NEET 2019 will start from the second week of June 2019.
- Candidates will first have to register for the counselling process and fill up their preferences for the admission process.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of their merit, category and availability of seats in respective institutes.
- As the seat is allotted, candidates will be required to report to the allotted institute within the particular schedule.
For any kind of discrepancy in any document, candidates must contact the exam organising authority of NEET 2019, National Testing Agency (NTA).