SNAP 2018 – Symbiosis International University (Deemed University) is going to conduct Symbiosis National Aptitude Test or SNAP 2018 for admission of candidates to its 15 institutes. SNAP 2018 is going to be held on December 16, 2018 (Sunday). This exam is going to be a completely computer-based test. As per the trend followed in previous years so far, the test date is conducted on the third Sunday of December every year. In this test, candidates will come across 150 multiple choice questions (MCQs) which they have to solve in two hours. The test will have objective type questions. There will be three sections after the test for further selection, which include General Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI) & Writing Ability Test (WAT). However, all the participating institutes will have their own cut-off marks for the test and accordingly the candidates will be selected. The registration process for the test has been started now from 28th of August, 2018 and will continue till 26th November, 2018. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official site of SNAP 2018 from the 1st of December, 2018.
SNAP 2018: Important Dates
|S.No.||SNAP 2018 Particulars||Date (Scheduled)|
|1||SNAP 2018 Registration Starts||August 28, 2018|
|2||SNAP 2018 Registration Closes||November 26, 2018|
|3||Payment Close||November 26, 2018|
|4||SNAP 2018 Admit Card Live for Download||December 1, 2018|
|5||SNAP 2018 Test Date||December 16 , 2018 (2PM to 4 PM)|
|7||SNAP 2018 Result to be Announced||2nd Week of January, 2019|
The updates about this test can be found in the official website of SNAP. While visiting the website, candidates will come across SNAP 2018 Exam Updates Form, which has been launched by Symbiosis International University (SIU). By filling up the form, the candidates will be able to receive updates like SNAP 2018 exam Date, SNAP 2018 Registration Date, SNAP Admit Card date, and many more, either on their registered e-mail address or through SMS on their registered mobile number.
SNAP is a significant National Level MBA Entrance test for MBA admission in 15 Symbiosis MBA colleges which accept SNAP 2018 score. Candidates, who want to pursue MBA from any of the 15 Symbiosis colleges, will have to apply for this test and qualify the same as well. This is one of the major entrance exams in the country after CAT and XAT.
Some of the colleges that accept SNAP Test scores for MBA admission are Symbiosis Institute of Management (SIBM), Pune; SIIB Pune; SCMHRD Pune, SIBM Bangalore, to name a few.
Till 2016, SNAP was a paper-based exam, but from 2017 the trend has changed and the same test has become a computer-based exam. To take the test, the candidates must make it a point to apply for the registration and fill in the application form with correct information. The registration is likely to commence from August, 2018 and the candidates must not make any kind of delay to register and fill in the application form.
SNAP 2018 is basically a moderately difficult test which includes 150 multiple choice questions (MCQs) and which is divided into four sections. Candidates will get one mark for answering every single question correctly, while – ¼ mark will be deducted for incorrect answer to any question. This test is going to be held in 102 cities in the country.
SNAP 2018: Salient Features
- The test is divided into four sections, which include General English; Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data sufficiency; Current Affairs; Analytical & Logical Reasoning. The total duration of the test is 2 hours.
- There won’t be any sectional cut-off in the test. However, candidates will have to qualify in each of the four sections.
- The exam pattern of SNAP is similar to that of CAT, XAT, CMAT and NMAT. However, the level of difficulty will be similar to that of CMAT and NMAT and lesser than that of CAT and XAT.
- The registration and application fee for this test is Rs.1750.
SNAP 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- General Category candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks.
- SC/ST category candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University with minimum of 45% marks.
- Students in their final year of graduation also may apply. However, they will have to obtain the requisite aggregate marks and also submit their mark sheets or certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidates who have done their graduation from a foreign university must be verified from AIU before they apply for admission i any of the participating institutes.
Steps to Fill up SNAP 2018 Application Form
- Candidates first have to visit the official site of SNAP and click on to the “Register” button.
- They then have to fill up the form with every correct detail as asked in the form, which will also include the recent colour passport size photo.
- The third step will include paying the application fee.
The fee for registration and filling up the form is Rs. 1750, which is non-refundable. Candidates can pay the fee through Credit Card, Net Banking, Cash and Demand Draft.
SNAP 2018 Admit Card
The SNAP admit card 2018 is likely to be released in 1st of December, 2018. By entering the login details in the official site of SNAP, candidates can download the admit card. The admit card will have roll number & signature of the candidates, attested photograph by the Gazetted officer, venue and time of the exam.
Candidates must make it a point that they carry a photo ID along with the admit card while they make themselves available for the test at the venue. The photo ID can be any one of these: Passport, AADHAR Card (UID), Voter ID Card, College/Institute Identity Card, Pan Card, Driving license and Credit card with photograph.
SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern
The candidates should make it a point that they go through the exam pattern. This will help them to know how they have to prepare for the test.
The test paper will be divided into four sections with particular number of questions and total marks. The first section would be General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario, which will carry 30 questions and the total marks would be 30. The second section would be Analytical and Logical Reasoning, which will come with 40 questions and 40 marks. The third section, General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability will have 40 numbers of questions with 40 marks. The fourth and the last section is Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, which will have 40 questions and the total marks for this will be 40. Therefore, the total number of questions will be 150 and the total marks also will be 150. This means one mark is allotted for every single question.
SNAP 2018 Syllabus
- General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario, Politics, Social Issues, Entertainment, etc.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning: Data Interpretation, Bar Graphs, Pie Chart, Line Charts, etc.
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Sentence Correction, Idioms, Antonyms, Synonyms, Analogies, etc.
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency: Venn Diagram, Number System, HCF & LCM, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Trigonometry, etc.
SNAP 2018 Result
The SNAP result 2018 is expected to be announced in the 2nd week of January, 2019. The result will be available in the form of score card and can be downloaded from the official website of SNAP. As the result is announced, candidates can visit the SNAP official site and login in to it with the credentials they received at the time of registration. As they enter the site, they will be able to check their result, which will be available in the form of score card. They can simply download the score card and keep it till the time their admission in any institute is done.
SNAP 2018 Selection Process
After the result is declared, the candidates will be selected for further rounds, which will include Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT). The final merit is usually made by Symbiosis International University (SIU). However, based on the cut-off marks of all the participating institutes, the candidates will be selected for the next rounds of interview. The GD will have weightage of 10 marks, PI will have weightage of 30 marks and WAT will have weightage of 10 marks.
SNAP 2018 Reservation Guidelines
Candidates, who fall under categories like SC, ST, DA, etc. will get a certain reservation. SC candidates will have reservation of 15 percent, ST candidates will have 7.5 percent of reservation, 3 percent of reservation will be for DA, Kashmiri immigrants will get reservation of two seats per programme and 15 percent reservation is for international candidates. While being shortlisted, these candidates will have to produce certificates that justify their particular category.
SNAP 2018 Cut-off
The cut-off marks will be announced after the result is declared. However, candidates must note that the SNAP cut-off 2018 marks for the selection of candidates is different for every institute that accepts SNAP scores. Each of the candidates will have to qualify the cut-off marks in order to get selected for further rounds.
SNAP 2018: Participating Institutes
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM – Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC- Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM- Nashik)
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM – Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS)
SNAP 2018 Exam Centres
There are 102 centres where SNAP test will be held. The candidates are allowed to choose their preferred exam centres for SNAP 2018 while registering and filling up the application form. The names of the centres are mentioned herein below:
|26||Greater Noida||60||Navi Mumbai||94||Belagavi (Belgaum)|
Candidates are advised to solve previous years’ SNAP papers. This will help them to have idea about the test in a proper manner. Also they will get to know how much of time would be required to allot to which section. It has been noticed that candidates who solve previous years’ questions have done better result than those who did not choose to solve it. Candidates also must check SNAP 2018 cut-off marks. Every participating institute has its own cut-off marks; therefore, knowing about it will help candidates to assume which institute they may get their admission in.