LSAT India 2020 – LSAT India is a national level law entrance exam, application form has been released by conducting body, the exam will be held in the 17th May instead of 1st May, 2020 by Pearson VUE on behalf of USA based Law School Admission Council (LSAC). The entrance test will be conducted in paper-pencil mode. In order to get admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes, candidates will have to appear in the entrance examination. LSAT India Exam 2020 will be held in 23 cities of the country; while there will be 23 exam centres. It is going to be a reading and reasoning test with 100 questions, which have to be attempted in 2 hours and 20 minutes. The question format will be multiple choice questions. There will be at least 85 participating institutes which will accept the LSAT India scores.
LSAT India Exam 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Law School Admission Test for India|
|Abbreviated Name||LSAT India|
|Conducting body||Pearson VUE (LSAC)|
|Courses offered||B.A. LL.B, BBA LL.B, B.Com LLB, B.Sc LLB, three-year LLB and LLM|
|Exam Type||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Medium of examination||English|
|Mode of examination||Paper and Pencil (Offline)|
|Number of participating institutes||85|
|Number of test centres||23|
LSAT India Exam 2020 Overview
The admission process will be commenced by Pearson VUE in the 6th of December 2019. This will be followed by making the application form available from 6th December 2019 for the candidates. The last date of submitting the application form will be 1st May, 2020. From the 20th April to 30th April, 2020, admit cards will be issued to the candidates. The LSAT India Exam 2020 will be held in the 17th May, 2020 in which the candidates will have to carry their admit card. Candidates are get their result on 29th May 2020. After the declaration of result, the counselling procedure will get started, which will be followed by the admission process. The dates of counselling process will be announced by the different participating institutes.
LSAT India 2020 Important Dates
The tentative important dates for LSAT India Exam 2020 are mentioned herein below. However, candidates must keep on checking the dates for any new updates.
|LSAT India 2020 Events||Dates(Announced)|
|LSAT India Notification Released||6th of December 2019|
|LSAT India Registration Start from||6th of December 2019|
|Registration Ends in||1st of May 2020|
|LSAT India Admit card Releases in||20th April to 30th of April 2020|
|LSAT India Exam Date||17 of May 2020|
|LSAT India Result Declaration||29th of May 2020|
|LSAT India Counselling||As notified by different participating institutes|
LSAT India Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are perhaps the foremost thing that candidates should go through while preparing for the entrance test. The first thing that will be checked by the exam conducting authority is if the candidates are fulfilling the eligibility criteria or not. Candidates who fill up the application successfully but they are found to be not matching the eligibility criteria will not be allowed to appear for the entrance exam. So, here is the eligibility criteria mentioned below that all the candidates need to match.
For Integrated Law Courses:
- Candidates must have passed 12th board exam in 10+2 education system from any recognized other board.
- The minimum marks obtained by the candidates should be 45%. However, the minimum marks also vary from one college to another.
For UG Law Courses:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream. They must have qualified from a recognized college or university.
- Students must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
For PG Law Courses:
- In order to apply for PG law programmes, candidates must have qualified UG or integrated law courses from a recognized college or university.
- The minimum marks the candidates have secured must be 45% marks.
LSAT India 2020 Application Form
The application form for LSAT India Exam 2020 will be done in online mode. There will not be any provision of applying through offline mode. The application form will be made available for the candidates from the 16th October 2018. The rest of the details are mentioned herein below:
- Candidates will have to start the application process through registration. The registration process will have to be done online.
- The candidates will have to enter the required details in the application form.
- They will then have to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature. The passport size photograph has to be latest.
- After the registration and filling up of the application form and paying the fee have been done, the candidates will receive a confirmation mail in their registered E-mail ID.
- Candidates must make it sure that they take a printout of the application form to use it in the future.
LSAT India 2020 Application Fee
- Candidates will have to make payment of Rs. 3800/– as application fee GST Applicable.
- The payment can be made through debit/credit cards.
- The application fee for all categories will be same.
Click Now for Apply Online (LSAT India Registration Started)
LSAT India 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The entrance test will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- Duration of Exam: The total duration of the entrance exam will be 2 hours 20 minutes. For each section, 35 minutes will be provided.
- Sections: There will be four sections in the question paper, which include Analytical Reasoning, 1st Logical Reasoning, 2nd Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension.
- Type of Questions: There will be Multiple Choice Questions. Some of the questions will have four answer choices while some will have five options.
- Number of Questions: There will be 92 to 100 questions in the test.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the test.
|Section||Timing||Number of Question|
|Analytical Reasoning||35 Minutes||Around 24|
|1st Logical Reasoning||35 Minutes||Around 24|
|2nd Logical Reasoning||35 Minutes||Around 24|
|Reading Comprehension||35 Minutes||Around 24|
|Total||2 Hrs & 20 Minutes||92 – 100 questions|
LSAT India 2020 Syllabus
The LSAT India Exam 2020 syllabus will have one Analytical Reasoning section, one Reading Comprehension section and two Logical Reasoning sections. The syllabus in details is mentioned herein below:
Analytical Reasoning Section:
In this section, a set of rules & statements will be given from which the candidates will have to reason deductively.
Logical Reasoning Section:
In this section, the ability to analyse, complete arguments and crucial calculation of the candidates are tested. The candidates will have to read a short passage and then answer the questions from this section.
Reading Comprehension Section:
There will be four sets of reading questions in this section. Each of the sections will have a selection of reading material, which is followed by four to nine questions that are used for test reading and reasoning abilities of the candidates.
LSAT India 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be released in between the 20th to 30th of April 2020.
- The candidates will have to download the admit card from the official website.
- The details that will be available in the LSAT admit card include exam date, time, name & address, test centre, candidate’s details & exam instructions.
- Along with the admit card, candidates will have to carry one original ID proof on the day of the exam. The ID proof can be any one among Passport, Driving License, Voter ID, PAN card, Aadhaar Card, to name a few.
LSAT India 2020 Result
The LSAT India Exam 2020 result will be declared in the 29th of May, 2020. Candidates will have to use their login credential to check their result in the official website of LSAT. Candidates must know that they will not receive the result by post or through E-mail.
LSAT India 2020 Cutoff
The cutoff marks of LSAT India Exam 2020 will be released after the declaration of the result. The cutoff will be determined by various colleges on the basis of factors like a total number of candidates appearing for the test, difficulty level of the exam and the availability of seats for that particular program. All the law schools have their own cutoff marks. After the candidates qualify the cutoff marks, they will be shortlisted for the counselling process.
LSAT India 2020 Counselling Process
After the results are declared, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of cutoff marks. This will then be followed by the counselling process. In the counselling process, the documents of the candidates will be verified. After the counselling process is done, the candidates will be offered seats in the participating law schools.
LSAT India 2020 Participating Colleges
|1.||Alliance School of Law, Alliance University||Bangalore|
|2.||ITM Law School||Gurgaon|
|3.||School of Law, Ansal University||Gurgaon|
|4.||AURO University, School of Law||Surat|
|5.||Jindal Global Law School||Sonipat|
|6.||School of Law, Gitam University||Visakhapatnam|
|7.||Central India College of Law||Nagpur|
|8.||JSS Law College||Mysore|
|9.||School of Law, K. R. Mangalam University||Gurgaon|
|10.||College of Legal Studies||Dehradun|
|11.||K.L.E. Society’s Law College||Bangalore|
|12.||School of Law, Noida International University||Noida|
|13.||Faculty of Law, ICFAI University||Dehradun|
|14.||Faculty of Law, ICFAI University||Gangtok|
|15.||Faculty of Law, ICFAI University||Jaipur|
|16.||ICFAI Law School, IFHE||Hyderabad|
|17.||MATS Law School, MATS University||Raipur|
|18.||School of Law, Sharda University||Greater Noida|
|19.||G H Raisoni Law School||Nagpur|
|20.||Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, IIT Kharagpur||Kharagpur|
|21.||VIT Law School||Chennai|
|22.||Chotanagpur Law College||Ranchi|
Candidates need to be sure about each of the dates. Keeping a track of the dates will help them to not miss any event. They must check the articles in this site every now and then to stay updated with the new dates.