AILET 2020 – All India Law Entrance Test or AILET 2020 conducting by the National Law University, Delhi (NLU-D) in the 31st of May 2020. Interested candidates, who crack this entrance test, will be able to take admission into the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The entrance examination, AILET 2020 will be held in offline mode in which the candidates will require to be present in the examination and take it in person. The test will be held in more than 21 cities across India. 83 seats will be offered to candidates for five-year integrated law programme and 20 seats for LLM programmes. By taking AILET 2020, candidates will be able to take admission in National Law University, Delhi.
AILET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||National Law University Delhi|
|Courses offered||BA LLB & LLM|
|Seats offered||For BA LLB 83 and 20 seats for LLM|
|Type||Undergraduate & Postgraduate|
|Medium of examination||English|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Exam Time Duration||90 Minutes|
|Purpose of Exam||Admission in BA LLB and LLM Courses|
AILET 2020 Important Dates (Schedule)
|Events of AILET 2020||Dates (Announced)|
|Issue of notification||14th of November 2019|
|Availability of application form||15th of January 2020|
|Last date to fill application form||30th of April 2020|
|Downloading of admit card||2nd week of May 2020|
|Exam date||31st of May 2020|
|Declaration of result B.A. LL.B (Hons.)||2nd week of June 2020|
|Date of issue of admission letter (1st list)||3rd week of June 2020|
|Last date to deposit fee (1st list)||3rd week of June 2020|
|Declaration of result LL.M||1st week of July 2020|
|Declaration of result Ph.D||3rd week of July 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for AILET 2020
The foremost thing to check before getting started with any kind of preparation for AILET is the eligibility criteria. So, here is the eligibility criteria mentioned below, which all the candidates must go through thoroughly.
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Eligibility Criteria
- Aspiring candidates must have passed the 10+2 or have taken equivalent qualification from any recognized board.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates, who are appearing for 10+2 or equivalent, may also apply.
LL.M Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have passed LL.B. or equivalent degree from a recognized institution.
- They should have secured at minimum of 55% marks (50% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates, who are going to appear for their final year of degree exam in March/April 2020, may apply.
Ph.D Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have their Masters Degree (LL.M) or equivalent degree in Law from a recognized university.
- They must have secured 55% marks in qualifying exam (50% for reserving categories).
AILET 2020 Application Form
Before filling up the AILET application form 2020, candidates must go through the entire information brochure.
- To start with the application process, candidates must register themselves online first.
- Candidates will first have to click on the “NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY”. They will get a list of colleges and accordingly choose application form so as to apply.
- The application form available to the candidates from the 15th of January, 2020, and they can start filling those up.
- They will be able to submit the application form till the 30th of April, 2020.
- Candidates must make sure that they fill up each section of the application form.
- After filling all the fields, candidates must pay the application fee and submit the application form.
- The application fee for candidates under General category would be Rs.3050/- and for candidates under SC/ST and PwD category would be Rs.1050/-.
- BPL candidates of SC/ST category will not have pay any application fee.
- The payment of the application fee can be made through two modes – online (credit, debit, net banking) or offline (cash deposit at Post Office).
Click Here for fill the AILET 2020 Application Form
AILET 2020 Syllabus
- Candidates applying for B.A.LL.B must go through subjects like English, General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, and Civics), Legal Aptitude Reasoning and Marks Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability).
- Candidates applying for LL.M programme can go through Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory.
- Those who are applying for Ph.D can go through the study materials of LL.M.
AILET 2020 Exam Pattern
Mode: AILET 2020 will be conducted in offline mode.
Duration: The duration of the entrance test will be about 90 minutes.
Total Marks: The total marks of the entrance test will be 150.
Number of Questions: A total of 150 questions will be asked in B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), 100 in LL.M., and 100 for Ph.D course.
Type of Questions: The question paper will have of Multiple Choice Questions.
Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded to the total score of the candidate for each correct answer.
Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
B.A. LL.B (Hons.): Test Pattern
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics)||35 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
Exam Centres of AILET 2020
AILET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for AILET 2020 will be announced online by NLU-D. Candidates will be able to download their admit card in the second week of May 2020. They have to use their login credentials to have access to their admit card. Candidates must keep in mind that without the admit card, they will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
AILET 2020 Answer Key
The entrance examination will be held in the first week of May, 2020. After the exam gets over, the answer key of AILET 2020 will be released by NLU-Delhi for the candidates. They can accordingly cross-check their answers in the answer key with that of the ones they marked in the examination hall. They must know that the AILET 2020 answer key will be available online. Candidates will be able to file an objection to the officials of AILET in case they come across any discrepancy in the answer key. After making all the corrections, the university will release the final AILET Answer Key 2020. This way, it will become easier for the candidates to have an idea of their scores.
AILET 2020 Result
The AILET 2020 result will be declared by the National Law University Delhi around the 2nd week of June 2020. For B.A. LL.B., the result will be announced in the 2nd week of June, 2020 and for LL.M. and Ph.D courses, the result will be declared in the 1st week of July, 2020. The admission of the candidates will be done on the basis of the scores they obtain in the examination. They must note that only those candidates will be able to get the result, who successfully take the entrance examination.
AILET 2020 Score Card
After the result is declared, candidates will get their AILET 2020 score card. In the score card, candidates will be able to find their subject-wise marks along with the name, roll number, category, and programme. Candidates, who get selected for the counselling process, must carry the score card at the time of counselling and admission.
AILET 2020 Cutoff
The AILET 2020 Cutoff will be announced after the AILET 2020 result is declared. Cutoff is the minimum marks that a candidate would require to take admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. Only those candidates will be able attend the AILET 2020 admissions counselling, who meet the AILET 2020 cutoff. The AILET 2020 cutoff will vary for each category.
AILET 2020 Expected Cutoff
|General (UR)||71.25 – 89|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||49.5 – 71|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||48.25 – 68|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||42.75 – 74|
|Kashmiri Migrants||40.25 – 81|
|Residents of Jammu & Kashmir||58 – 78|
AILET 2020 Counselling
The counselling process will start from the first week of July 2020 by the National Law University. The seats will be offered to the candidates on the basis of the scores they secured in the entrance examination and the choices they filled in the application form. In the counselling process, the original documents of the candidates will be verified in order to let them take admission in undergraduate, postgraduate or Ph.D programmes.
AILET 2020 Admission Process
The All India Law Entrance Test is conducted by the National Law University, Delhi. The test is conducted with an aim to offer admission to candidates to its undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The test is conducted annually. Before the admission process commences, a notification is released. Also, candidates will have access to application forms. Candidates will be able to get access to the admit card once they successfully fill up the form and pay the application fee. They must carry the admit card to the examination venue. After the exam is held, the result will be declared and the ones who qualify the exam will be called for the counselling process. After going through the counselling process, candidates will be able to take admission in the institute.
Candidates are advised to keep a track of all the important dates of the events in mind. They also should make sure that they solve sample papers and questions papers of previous years.