TISSNET 2019 Exam held on January 13, 2019 by Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS). TISSNET is a national level entrance examination that is held in 39 cities across the country. The test will be computer-based and candidates will come across 100 Multiple Choice Questions. There will not be any negative marking. The TISSNET 2019 registration process has been started 30th of October 2018. To take admission in TISS, candidates will be required to clear three stages of selection process. The three stages include a written test, Pre Interview Test (PIT), and Personal Interview (PI) round.
About Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS)
Tata Institute of Social Science was established in the year 1936. It is ranked in top most 40 Universities in the country and known for offering professional social work education to its students. The programmes offered by the college include Masters of Arts (M.A.) programmes which are equivalent to MBA. The college offers a total of 55 programmes. TISS has its campuses in Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Guwahati, and Tuljapur.
TISSNET 2019 Important Dates
|TISSNET Application Form Releases in||30th of October 2018|
|Last Date of online Application submission||10th of December 2018|
|Last Date for Receipt of Application form by Post||12th of December 2018|
|TISSNET Admit Card Releases in||26th to 27th of December 2018|
|TISSNET Exam Date||13th of January 2019|
|Result to be Declared in||Last week of January 2019|
|PI & PIT admission rounds||Last week of February to Last week of March 2019|
|Announcement of Selection||Last week of April 2019|
TISSNET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before they apply for the test. If in any case they do not match the eligibility criteria, their application form will be rejected, and as a result they will not be allowed to appear for the examination. The eligibility criteria are mentioned herein below:
- Candidates are required to have a three years Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent degree from an accredited college.
- Candidates, who are in their final year of Bachelor’s but will complete it before June 2019, may apply for the test.
- Candidates, who have appeared for their final year exam of Graduation but have not cleared all the papers, will not be allowed to appear for TISSNET 2019.
- Candidates must make it a point that they have thoroughly cleared their graduation papers in order to apply for the entrance test.
Click Here for Registration Process of TISSNET 2019 Started from 30th October 2018
TISSNET 2019 Application Form
After the candidates are done with checking the eligibility criteria, they also must go through the instructions to fill up the application form. As a matter of fact, taking a look at the instructions will help the candidates to have clear idea about what all to do and how to do in TISSNET 2019.
- TISSNET 2019 application form will be made available to the candidates mostly in online mode.
- Candidates, who belong to remote places, can make request for a printed copy of the application. The candidates then will have to send the application form by speed post along with requisite fee to the Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
- Candidates will be allowed to apply for three programmes at maximum, in any two TISS campuses.
- Candidates will be required to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, Challan and all other certificates that are applicable.
- Candidates, who are applying online, will not have to send any kind of printed application.
Application fee is mandatory for all the candidates and without paying it the process will not be completed. The required information about the application fee is mentioned here:
- Candidates will be able to pay the application fee through debit/credit card and net banking.
- Candidates can also deposit cash in any SBI branch using the Challan method.
- They must know that extra bank charges will be applicable for them.
- The application fee in detail is mentioned herein below:
|Paying through Online Mode|
|Applying for 1 course||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260|
|Applying for 2 course||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520|
|Applying for 3 course||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780|
|Paying through Challan|
|Applying for 1 course||Rs. 1000 + bank charges||Rs. 250 + bank charges|
|Applying for 2 course||Rs. 2000 + bank charges||Rs. 500 + bank charges|
|Applying for 3 course||Rs. 3000 + bank charges||Rs. 750 + bank charges|
TISSNET 2019 Syllabus
The final syllabus has not been released yet. However, based on previous year’s syllabus, the below mentioned one is made. Let us have a look at it.
- Logical Reasoning: Logical Connectivity, Number Series, Eye for detail, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/Arguments, Venn Diagram, Cubes, Alphabet Series, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Puzzles, and many more.
- DI Topics: Bar graph, Line graphs, Pie chart, Case lets, Double pie chart, Tables, Multiple graphs & Data comparison.
- Mathematics: Profit and Loss, Percentages, Averages, Basic Geometry, Ratio, and Proportion.
- VA Topics: Antonyms, Right usage of words fill in the blank, Odd word out, Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Idioms – Match the following, Analogies, etc.
- RC Topics: Purpose of the passage, Author’s Point of View, Strengthen and Weaken, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Assumption and Supporting Statement, Flaw, and Discrepancy, etc.
- General Awareness: Environment & ecology, Economy/ Policy, Sports, Labour, Politics/History/Governance/Law, Media/ICTs/Literature/Art/Culture, Gender/Health/Education, International politics/ current events, etc.
TISSNET 2019 Exam Pattern
Having idea about the exam pattern will help the candidates to know the time they would need to complete the examination. They will also get to know how much of time should be spared for a particular section.
Mode of Exam: The exam will be computer-based, which means it is going to be conducted in online mode.
Type of Questions: The question paper will include objective type questions.
Duration of Exam: The total duration of the exam will be of 1 hour & 40 minutes. This means that the exam is expected to commence at 2:00 PM and get over at 3:40 PM.
Sections: The sections that the questions paper will have are Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge, Analytical Ability and English Proficiency.
Negative Marking: There will not be any negative marking in the exam.
|Maths & Logical Reasoning||30|
Steps to Prepare for TISSNET 2019
- Candidates must gather even the smallest information about the TISSNET 2019
- Once they know what to study, they must prepare a time-table.
- To familiarise themselves with the question pattern, they must solve sample papers as well as previous year’s question papers.
- They must make it a point to take mock test. It will help them analyse their performance.
Books Recommended for TISSNET 2019
Analytical/ Logical Reasoning
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning – R.S Aggarwal
Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Arihant
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT – Sarvesh K. Sharma
- A Complete Manual for the CAT – Arihant
- General Knowledge – Arihant
- Panorama Yearbook 2018 – Pratiyogita Darpan
- The Mega Year Book – Disha Experts
- Yearbook 2018 – Competition success review
- Objective General Knowledge – Lucent
TISSNET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website of TISS. However, they will be able to do it only if they fill up the application form and submit it in the proper way along with paying the application fee. The admit card for TISSNET 2019 will be released around the 26 to 27 of December 2018. To download the admit card, candidates will have to enter their User ID, Password and Security Code. Candidates must know that they will be allowed to appear for the examination only if they have a valid admit card.
TISSNET 2019 Result
To have access to the result, candidates will be required to visit the official site of TISS. The result for TISSNET 2019 will be announced in the later part of January 2019. The cutoff marks for General category candidates will be 45% and for candidates under SC/ST category, it will be 35%.
Candidates need to know that they will be able to check the result for TISSNET 2019 through online mode. There will not be any offline mode to check the result. After downloading the result, which will be available in score card form, candidates must take a printout of it to use in the future during the process of admission.
TISSNET 2019 Admission Process
The admission process is likely to commence in the month of February 2019. Based on the scores of the candidates in their TISSNET 2019, they will be shortlisted for admission rounds which include PIT and PI. The admission process will be conducted in offline mode at different TISS campuses which include Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Guwahati, and Tuljapur. It must be noted by the candidates that only TISSNET 2019 score will be considered for the admission process; and scores of CAT/MAT/CET/GRE/GMAT will absolutely not be accepted.
On the basis of the entrance exam and each admission rounds, a merit list will be prepared. During the verification process, candidates will have to be present along with all their original documents and with photocopies. Candidates, who are provisionally selected, will be required to go through a medical checkup.
Candidates must keep a check on the articles of this website so as to remain updated with the changes in figures.