BITSAT 2019 – Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test, is the entrance examination conducted by Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) to offer admission to candidates in various engineering, B.Pharma and M.SC courses. The institute has three campuses, which include Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. After qualifying the entrance exam, candidates can go for courses like B. Tech, B. Pharm, and M. Sc to pursue from the institute. Candidates are allowed to choose the campus as per their convenience and preference. Candidates will have to start the process by filling up the application form with all the required details. The application form for BITSAT 2019 is expected to be available by December, 2019. However, candidates are required to keep a track of all the dates in order to not miss out on anything, by visiting the official website of BITSAT on a regular basis. By visiting the official website, they will also get to know about the syllabus, exam pattern and significant topics before they start preparing for the exam.
BITSAT 2019 Entrance Test Overview
|EXAM NAME||BITSAT 2019 (Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test)|
|ORGANIZING INSTITUTE||BITS, Pilani|
|EXAM TYPE||University Level Exam|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||BE, B.Pharma & M.Sc. Courses|
|MODE OF BITSAT 2019||Computer Based Online Mode (CBT)|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||150|
|SECTION||Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm), English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning|
|MARKING SCHEME||3 marks for each correct answer and -1 marks for each wrong answer|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|EXAM DURATION||3 Hours|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||12th exam passed with PCM subjects (PCB subjects for B.Pharma) with adequate proficiency in English|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon by the exam authority|
BITSAT 2019 Exam Dates
|Release of Application Form||2nd week of Jan 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||1st week of Mar 2019|
|Editing in the Application Form||2nd week of Mar 2019|
|Allotment of Exam Centre||2nd week of Mar 2019|
|Slot Booking||3rd week of Mar to 2nd week of Apr 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd to Last week of Apr 2019|
|Date of Exam||3rd to Last week of May 2019|
|Apply for Admission||2nd week of May to Last week of Jun 2019|
|Release of Merit List & Wait List||1st week of Jul 2019|
BITSAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates will be allowed to apply for the test through online mode. After they register themselves, they have to enter details like basic details, 12th exam, test centre preference, and many more. They have to fill in requisite details such as Name, Gender, DOB, E-mail, to name a few. They have to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format. The size of the passport size photograph must be between 4 KB to 50 KB and should not exceed that. The size of the signature should be between 1 KB to 30 KB. After filling up and submitting the form, they have to make the payment through online or offline mode. It is advised to the candidates that they keep printout of the filled up application form to use in the future.
Application Fee: BITSAT 2019
- For exam centres in India, male candidates have to pay Rs. 2950 as the application fee and female candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 2450.
- For exam centre in Dubai, candidates will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 4500/- (US$70).
- Candidates must note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- The payment of the fee can be made through various modes like debit/credit card and net banking.
- Students are allowed to pay by cash payment through generated Pay-in Slip.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Candidates must have passed +2 exams in 2018 from a recognized board.
- Candidates must had PCM subjects (PCB and PCM both subjects for B.Pharma) in their +2 with proficiency in English.
- Candidates have to have obtained 75% in PCM/PCB and must scored 60% marks in each of the subjects.
- Students who are going to appear for their +2 exams in 2019 may also apply for the entrance exam.
- Students, who have taken more than one attempt to pass their +2 exams, must note that their last scores will be considered.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- The paper will be divided into four sections; Part I, Part II, Part III and Part IV.
- The time allotted to complete the question paper is three hours.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- For each correct answer, candidates will get three marks and for answering incorrectly, one mark will be deducted. For not attempting any question, no marks will be given.
- Candidates who finish all the 150 questions, will get the scope to opt for 12 extra questions, four each from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), provided they still have time within the allotted three hours.
|Sections||Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency (b) Logical Reasoning||(a)15 (b)10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharma)||45|
BITSAT 2019 Syllabus
Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Work and Energy, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Waves, Oscillations, Electrostatics, Gravitation, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
States of Matter, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Chemical Kinetics, Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, etc.
Algebra, Differential calculus, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Integral calculus, Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Probability, Statistics, Vectors, Ordinary Differential Equations, Mathematical modeling and Linear Programming.
Diversity in Living World, Biotechnology and its Applications, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function –Animals & Plants, Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Reproduction, Ecology and Environment, Growth and Movement in Plants, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Biology and Human Welfare.
English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning:
Grammar, Detecting Missing Links, Following Directions, Reading Comprehension, Composition, Vocabulary,Verbal Reasoning, Nonverbal Reasoning, Classifying Words, etc.
Question Distribution: BITSAT 2019
|Subjects||Class 11||Class 12|
Chemistry: Topic Wise Marks Allocation
|Section||No of question||Max. marks||% Weightage|
Physics: Topic Wise Marks Allocation
|Topic||No of Question||Total mark||%weightage|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||4||12||10%|
|Electricity and Magnetism||15||45||37.5%|
|SHM & WAVES||4||12||10%|
Mathematics: Topic Wise Marks Allocation
|Topic||No. of questions||Marks||%Weightage|
|Continuity & Differentiability||2||6||4%|
|Straight Lines & Pair of Straight lines||2||6||4%|
|Theory of Equation||2||6||4%|
|Properties of Triangles||1||3||2%|
|Sets, Relations & Functions||2||6||4%|
|Trigonometric Ratios & Identities||2||6||4%|
|Permutations & Combinations||3||9||7%|
|Application of Derivatives||7||21||16%|
|Sequence & Series||4||12||13%|
|Limits & Differential Coefficient||2||6||4%|
English Proficiency: Topic Wise Marks Allocation
|Topic||No. of questions||Marks||Weightage|
|Synonyms & Antonyms||2||6||20%|
BITSAT Admit Card 2019
- The admit card will be available from the second week of April to second week of May, 2019. Candidates, who have applied for the exam will be able to download the admit card from the official site.
- Candidates are required to know that before downloading the admit card, they will have to book their slot for the examination. The booking of slots will be open for candidates from fourth week of March to first week of April 2019.
- The BITSAT hall ticket will include information such as candidate’s name and roll number, exam centre, and many more.
BITSAT Result 2019
The result will be announced after the exam is completed. Candidates can easily check their result on the very next day of appearing the exam. The result will include the total marks obtained by the candidates along with the details of total correct as well as incorrect answer to the questions they have attempted. Candidates, who appear for the test, will not be allowed to take the exam in the same year.
BITSAT Admission 2019
Candidates will have to submit an admission application with 12th marks along with preferences. They can submit the application between first week of May to third week of June, 2019. Candidates must be aware of the fact that the admission process will be done online.
On the basis of the marks obtained in the test, the merit list will be prepared. Separate merit list will be prepared for each of the course. The admission list will be produced in the third week of June, 2019.
Candidates may expect their allotment of seats on the basis of the scores they obtained in the exam. The other factors on the basis of which the seats are allotted include category, filled preferences and availability of seats. After the seats are allotted to the candidates, they will have to report to the allotted campus to carry on the further admission process.
Best Books for BITSAT 2019
|(a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
Tips to Prepare for BITSAT 2019
- The candidates have to be very serious about the exam and must complete the syllabus as soon as it is possible for them. The sooner they complete the syllabus; it will be easier for them to start with the revision part.
- The candidates must make it a point that they take as many mock tests as possible. The mock tests will help them to get an idea of how much time they will have to spare for each section and in how many minutes the entire paper can be completed. This will also give them the window period to analyse if they have answered every question correctly or not.
- They must make it a point to solve sample papers and question papers of previous years. They will feel relaxed to know that they may find many questions common if they solve the sample papers as well as questions papers of previous years.
- The candidates are required to remain focused till the last moment of the examination and to do so they must keep on practising the sample papers and previous years’ question papers till the last day of preparation and one day before the exam.
- The candidates are also required to make them as familiarize with the question pattern as possible. To do so, they have to go through as many question papers of last five years as possible. This will help them to avoid any kind of confusion when they actually take the test on the day of the exam.