CAT 2018 Admit Card has been released by IIM Calcutta in 24th of October, 2018. Candidates must note that the admit card available online on official website. As a matter of fact, only those candidates will be able to download the admit card, whose applications will be accepted by the examination authority. In order to download the hall ticket, candidates will have to use their CAT user ID and password which they receive after registering for the test. The CAT 2018 admit card usually includes information like candidates’ personal details, test venue details and exam day instructions. Candidates also must keep in mind that without the hall ticket, they will not be allowed to take the test, no matter what the circumstance is. Also, they must keep the admit card with them until the admission process is done.
CAT 2018 is going to be held on November 25, 2018 (Sunday) under the mentorship of Prof. Sumanta Basu. He is the exam convenor of CAT 2018. The exam is going to be conducted in online mode.
Steps for Downloading CAT 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates can visit the official website of CAT.
- On visiting the website, they have to login through their registered credentials which they received at the time of registration.
- Once you enter into the page, you will find the hall ticket available on the screen.
- Candidates then can download the PDF file of the hall ticket.
- They are advised to keep a minimum of two copies of the hall ticket and they can send the soft copy to their email ID to use in the future.
Click Here to Download the CAT 2018 Admit Card / Hall Ticket Online
However, before the candidates download the admit card, they must check some of the details that should be in the CAT 2018 admit card. The details include name of the candidate, date of birth, CAT 2018 registration number and user ID, category (if the candidate comes under General Category or Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe or Differently Abled), date and slot of CAT 2018, name of the exam centre and the address, test system number, signature of the candidate, photograph of the candidate, and instructions for the test day.
In case the candidates forget their login credentials, which they had received during registration, they can click on to the “Forget Password” button. As they click on to it, they will receive a link in their registered email address. They simply have to click on to the link in order to visit the page and create a new password. Apart from this, if candidates come across any sort of other problems, they can get in touch with the help desk number of CAT through email or phone. The help desk remains open from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, while it is not available on public as well as national holidays.
Apart from the hall ticket, candidates are also required to carry one photo ID. This could be any one among Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, PAN Card, Driving License and Photo ID issued by existing education institute or employer, to name a few.
Some Instructions for the Test Day
- The copy of printout of the admit card that the candidate download from the official site should be legible and clear.
- They should not forget pasting their recent colour passport size photograph in the space provided.
- Candidates must keep in mind that they do not end up signing in the space provided in the hall ticket. The simple reason is that they have to sign in front of the invigilator.
- They must carry two copies of the CAT hall ticket as one of the copies has to be submitted to the invigilator.
- Test takers must make it sure that they reach the exam venue at least half an hour or one hour before the exam commences.
- Candidates cannot carry anything else apart from the CAT 2018 admit card and their photo ID card. They will be provided with answer sheets and pencils in the examination hall.
- Candidates will not be allowed to take any break when the test is going on.
Candidates must keep in mind that they download the admit card from the official site of CAT in the proper manner. Also, they will not be sent any hard copy of the CAT 2018 admit card by post, neither they will receive any admit card in their registered email address. They should not delay downloading the hall ticket and must do it as soon as it is released by IIM Calcutta.