SRMJEEE 2019 – SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam is an annual entrance exam held by SRM Institute of Science and Technology (previously known as SRM University) for admission in B.Tech courses at its four campuses and also SRM University AP as well as SRM University Haryana. Aspiring candidates must check the eligibility criteria first and if they find themselves eligible enough, they must go through the application process either online or offline from the first week of November, 2018. The entrance exam, SRMJEEE 2019 is expected to be held in online mode in April, 2019. The result is likely to be announced in May, 2019 and counselling will be conducted right after that. The counselling will be done on the basis of qualifying the exam and the SRMJEEE ranks. However, some of the most important things that the candidates must keep a track of beforehand, include SRMJEEE 2019 exam, application process, important dates, preparation, results and counselling. As per last year’s report, around 1, 72,825 students applied for the exam in 2018 and 7600 were selected for counselling.
SRMJEEE 2019 Some Quick Facts
|Name of the Exam||SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination|
|Commonly Known As||SRMJEEE|
|Conducting Authority||SRM Institute of Science and Technology|
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Level of Examination||National Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate|
|Selection Process||Based on ranks of SRMJEEE|
|Number of Examinees||1,72,825 in 2018|
SRMJEEE 2019 Exam Dates Overview
|1||Application Form of SRMJEEE 2019 Commences||1st week of November, 2018|
|2||Deadline for Online Application Form||3rd week of April, 2019|
|3||Last Date to Submit Offline Application Form (For Remote States)||1st week of March, 2019|
|4||SRMJEEE 2019 Slot Booking starts||2nd week of April, 2019 onwards|
|5||SRMJEEE 2019 Admit Card||From 2nd week of April, 2019|
|6||SRMJEEE 2019 Exam||3rd week of April to the end of May, 2019|
|7||Result of SRMJEEE 2019||1st week of May 2019|
|8||Counselling of SRMJEEE 2019 – Phase I (offline)||1st week of May to 3rd week of May, 2019|
|9||Counselling of SRMJEEE 2019 – Phase II (online)||3rd week of May, 2019|
|10||Commencement of Academic Session||3rd week of July, 2019|
SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2019
|1||Age||Candidates born between July 1, 1997 to July 1, 2002 may apply|
|2||Nationality||Indian nationals or Non-Resident Indian (NRI), holder of PIO or OCI card issued by the Government of India|
|4||Academic Qualification for B.Tech Programmes||
|5||Academic Qualification for B.Tech
Biomedical Engineering and B.Tech Genetic Engineering
|6||Direct Admission Criteria||
|7||No of attempts in class 12||
SRMJEEE 2019 Application Form
The SRMJEEE 2019 application is going to be available from the first week of November, 2018, in both online and offline mode. Candidates, who are opting for online application, will be able to fill up the form till the second week of April, 2019; while those who are going for offline mode, will be able to submit their completely filled form by the first week of March, 2019.
To fill up the online application form, candidates will have to follow the steps mentioned herein below:
- SRMJEEE 2019 Registration: The first step is that of registering with the official site by providing details such as date of birth, name, e-mail ID and phone number. The candidates will receive a unique ID and password in their registered phone number and e-mail ID after the registration is done. Since SRMJEEE authorities will use the candidates’ phone number and email ID to provide any kind of information, thus the candidates are required to mention their authentic details.
- Login: As the candidates receive the login ID and password, they will have to log in to the site in order to fill up the application form.
- Application form fill up: Candidates will be asked to provide personal, academic and address details in the application form. They will have to enter all the required details in order to fill up the form properly.
- Uploading scanned documents: Candidates will have to upload the scanned images of their recent passport size photograph and signature, as asked by the authorities.
- Fee Payment: Candidates will have to make the payment of application fee of Rs. 1100 through online voucher or through e-payment. Once the fee is paid successfully, candidates will be able to download the SRMJEEE 2019 application form.
SRMJEEE 2019 Exam Pattern
Idea about the exam pattern is one of the most important things that candidates are required to have. This will help the candidates to take proper preparation for the exam and come out with flying marks.
|1||Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|3||Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|4||Type of Questions||Objective type question(Multiple Choice Questions). Each MCQ should have one choice as the correct answer out of the four given.|
|6||Total Number of Questions||105 Questions|
|7||Marking Scheme||3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
|8||Negative Marking||There will not be any negative marking|
SRMJEEE 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus of SRMJEEE 2019 is more or less expected to be same as class 11 and 12 syllabus. However, to avoid any kind of risk, candidates must refer to the syllabus provided by the University. The detailed syllabus is mentioned herein below:
SRMJEEE 2019 Slot Booking
The SRMJEEE 2019 slot booking process is expected to start in the second week of April, 2019. Candidates must be aware of the fact that they have to book the slots before downloading the admit card. The slot booking process is done on a first come first serve basis and candidates will be allowed to book the slot as per their convenience and whenever they want to take the exam. Candidates, who do not book the slot will not be able to download the admit card. Also, those candidates will be allotted slots at the judgment of the University.
Steps of Slot Booking:
- Candidates will have to login by using their registered e-mail ID and password.
- They will have to select the examination slot, which will include date and time.
- They will have to confirm the centre of the exam that they have chosen.
- They will have to submit and use the download admit card button to get a copy of it.
- They must carry the admit card to the exam centre on the day of examination as without the admit card they will not be allowed to take the exam.
SRMJEEE 2019 Admit Card
Admit card is one of the most important documents and every candidate has to carry it to the examination hall in order to take the exam. Candidates will first have to book the slot and then only they can download the admit card. The details that will be mentioned in the admit card will be candidate’s name, registration or application number, date of birth, gender along with the exam centre address and exam schedule. Candidates must check the admit card if these details are mentioned in the hall ticket or not and if all of them are correct or not.
SRMJEEE 2019 Mock Test
The University will announce the mock test for SRMJEEE 2019. The mock test will help them to have an idea of what all questions they might have to answer in the exam and also how much time they will have to spare for a particular section.
SRMJEEE 2019 Result
The result of SRMJEEE 2019 is likely to be announced in May, 2019. The University will announce the result online. Candidates will be able to know about the ranks they have obtained in the entrance examination with the help of SRMJEEE 2019 result. On the basis of the rank mentioned on the SRMJEEE result, the admission will be done.
Counselling for SRMJEEE 2019
The SRMJEEE 2019 counselling will be done in two rounds. The first round will take place in third week of May, where in the shortlisted candidates will be receiving the call letter and will have to login and download the same. They will have to enter their preferences of branches and also keep their documents ready. For counselling, the candidates will have to report in person. They have to carry the required original documents and pay the fees in case dates are allotted by the university. The allotment will be based on the SRMJEEE ranks as well as preferences mentioned by the candidates. After the allotment is done, candidates will be required to pay the fee and confirm the same. The second round is done to offer the vacant seats to the candidates. The second counselling is likely to be held in the first week of June, 2019. The process of second round of counselling will be the same as the first round.
Documents that Need to be Verified Include:
- Letter of counselling SRMJEEE 2019
- SRMJEEE 2019 Admit Card
- 10th Standard Marksheet
- Class 12 (or equivalent) Marksheet
- Demand Draft for the tuition fee that is mentioned in the counselling letter. The draft should be drawn in the favour of “SRMIST”, which is payable at Chennai.
Participating Institutes: SRMJEEE 2019
- SRM institute of science and technology, Kattankulathur
- SRM institute of science and technology, Vadapalani
- SRM institute of science and technology, Ramapuram
- SRM University Delhi NCR-Sonepat
- SRM institute of science and technology, NCR Ghaziabad
- SRM University AP – Amravati