MAT 2019 – MAT (Management Aptitude Test) is basically a national level entrance test that is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) every year for all those aspiring candidates who want to take admission in top B-schools for the postgraduate management programs such as MBA, PGDM, etc. The entrance test is held multiple times in year, usually in the month of February, May, September and December. However, candidates must keep in mind that before they apply for the test, they must check the eligibility criteria. They need to know if they match all the eligibility criteria or not. Candidates, who do not match the eligibility criteria, will not be allowed to take the exam. The entrance exam of MAT will be conducted in both the modes, online as well as offline. MAT is not the toughest entrance test but candidates must prepare themselves well so that they can crack the exam in one go. Also, candidates must check the exam pattern and syllabus so that they can be well-accustomed with the questions that they may come across in the entrance test.
MAT 2019 Important Dates (Schedule)
The calendar with exact dates is yet to be published by the exam conducting authority. However, the tentative dates of MAT 2019 for the month of February, 2019 are mentioned herein below. The specific dates will be released by AIMA and will be updated here accordingly.
|MAT 2019 Events||MAT Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Form Releases in||3rd week of December 2018|
|Online Registration Closes in (Paper Based Test)||Last week of January 2019|
|Online Registration Closes in (Computer Based Test)||2nd week of February 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||4th week of January 2019|
|Exam Date (Paper Based Test)||1st week of February 2019|
|Exam Date (Computer Based Test)||3rd week of February 2019|
|Result Announcement||Last week of February 2019|
MAT 2019 Exam Cycle
The factor that makes MAT different from the rest of the management entrance tests is that it is conducted four times in a year – February, May, September, and December. This gives the opportunity to the candidates to take the test as per their own convenience.
MAT 2019 Registration
The first step towards taking the test is MAT registration 2019. Therefore, the aspiring candidates must register themselves at the earliest. Mentioned here are some important points about MAT 2019 registration that all the candidates must be aware of:
- The registration application is accepted by AIMA through online mode.
- The registration process for MAT February 2019 is likely to start in the 3rd week of December 2018.
- The last date of registration for MAT 2019 February exam is expected to be in the last week of January 2019 for PBT while for CBT, it is going to be in the second week of February 2019.
- Candidates will have to provide all their details correctly in the apt columns and they also must upload the scanned images of their recent passport size photographs and signature in the proper format as prescribed by the exam organising body.
- The candidates will have to choose names of five institutions where they would like to send their MAT scorecard in order to get selected to pursue their management course.
- Candidates will be able to check the status of their application a few days after the submission of the application form.
MAT 2019 Registration Fee
The candidates can either choose either of the patterns, i.e. Paper Based Test (PBT) or Computer Based Test (CBT), or any one of it. Those who are applying for both Paper Based Test (PBT) or Computer Based Test (CBT) have to pay an application fee of Rs.2650 and those who are taking any one out of the two will have to pay Rs.1550. This is applied for all categories. The MAT registration fee is accepted by AIMA through various payment modes such as Debit card/Credit card/Net banking.
Candidates must be sure that all the details they entered into the application form are correct and to be certain about it, they must go through the MAT application form once after they fill it up. Once they submit and make the payment for the application form, they will not be able to make any kind of changes into it. The passport size photograph of which they will upload the scanned image has to be a recent one, which means not older than three months. Also, the image should be clearly visible. After the application process is done successfully, the candidates must keep a printed copy of it.
MAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
This is one of the areas that candidates must check before filling up the application form. Each of the candidates must fulfil the MAT eligibility criteria in order to take the MAT 2019 entrance exam. Mentioned here are the eligibility criteria that the candidates are supposed to match.
- The candidates need to have done graduation from an accredited educational institution. The required percentage varies from one college to another. Therefore, it will be decided by the management college which the candidates chose at the time of filling up the application form.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation may also apply for MAT 2019.
- There is no specific number of attempts that the candidates can take. Candidates are allowed to take the test as many times as they wish to.
- There is no specific age limit to appear for the exam.
MAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The MAT exam pattern 2019 is going to be objective type test with Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs). It will further be divided into five sections. The five sections are Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment. The total number of questions will be 200 and those have to be solved in 150 minutes. The total duration of the exam will be 2.5 hours. Candidates will be awarded with one mark for answering each question correctly, while for every wrong answer ¼ marks will be deducted.
In the below mentioned table, the marks are divided subject-wise. Taking a glance of this will help the candidates calculate their time and get an idea of how much time they would require to attempt all the questions.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of Questions||Time (in min)|
|III||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|IV||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|V||Indian & Global Environment||40||15|
MAT 2019 Syllabus
Language Comprehension: The Language Comprehension will consist of questions based on English Grammar, including English Proficiency, Para jumble, Fill in the Blanks, Reading Comprehension, to name a few.
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: As the name explains everything; the important points to be considered in this section are Fact Inference Judgment, Statement Argument, Analogy, and Passage Conclusion.
Mathematical Skills: This section will include topics like Elementary Mathematics, Coordinate Geometry, Arithmetic, Algebra Permutation and Combinations; Sequence And Series, Trigonometry, Linear Programming, Heights and Distance.
Data Analysis and Sufficiency: The topics that are covered under this section include Table, Data Sufficiency, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), Venn diagram, among others.
Indian and Global Environment: Under this section of MAT 2019, the topics that are asked are on General Knowledge and global issues mostly.
MAT 2019 Admit Card
The MAT admit card 2019 is expected to be available for the candidates from the fourth week of January, 2019. Candidates who applied for both paper-based test and computer-based test, will get admit card separately. In order to download the admit card, the candidates will have to enter their online application number and either of date of birth or registered email ID. There will not be any option receiving the admit card by post or courier. This means that candidates will have to download the admit card from the official site of MAT. They must carry the admit card to the exam venue as without it, they will not be allowed to take the test.
Before taking out the print out of the admit card, candidates must take a look at the hall ticket to check if all the information mentioned in it are correct or not. The information will include Candidate’s name, Roll number, MAT 2019 exam date and time, and Exam venue.
MAT 2019 Result
After a week of the MAT 2019 exam is conducted, the MAT result 2019 is usually declared. This means that the result for MAT February 2019 will most probably be conducted in the fourth week of February, 2019. Candidates will be able to check their results online. The result will be available in the form of scorecard. Therefore, the candidates can easily download the scorecard. The candidates will also receive the scorecard through post. The validity of the scorecard will remain for the entire academic year.
If the candidates lose the scorecard, they can request AIMA to issue a duplicate scorecard for them. The MAT scores are accepted by more than 600 management schools across the country.
MAT 2019 Admission Process
As the scorecard is received by the candidates, they can proceed for the MAT admission process 2019. They will be required to apply to their preferred management schools. Only if they match the eligibility criteria of the school they applied for, their admission will be confirmed.
The selection process will include Group Discussion, Personal Interview/Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds. The final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in MAT 2019 exam and the further selection rounds. The verification of documents will also be counted.
MAT 2019 Preparation Tips
- Candidates, who are making up their mind to crack the test in one go, must go through the exam pattern as well as syllabus thoroughly. There should not be any corner that they leave.
- Apart from exam pattern and syllabus, they also should take information about every Do’s and Don’t of the MAT examination.
- For the Indian and Global Environment section, candidates must go through all the newspapers, important news and significant updates. They must keep themselves updated. They should also go through books of General Knowledge.
- The candidates must make it a point to go through previous years’ question papers. This will help them to know exactly what kind of questions they may come across while taking the MAT 2019.
- Candidates must take numbers of mock tests as this will help them to have a deep and thorough understanding of the examination that they are going to take.
- While preparing for the logical reasoning section, the candidates must keep an open mind and read the question repeatedly as it will help them understand the questions before they answer those.
- Last but not the least, ‘revision’. This is one of the strongest tools with the help of which candidates will be able to score high. As much as the revision is done properly by the candidates, they will be more confident and will be able to score high in the MAT 2019