AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus – Candidates, who are all set to take the AIIMS PG 2020 exam, must go through the entire AIIMS PG 2020 syllabus. As a matter of fact, the syllabus for AIIMS PG 2020 includes all subjects that are taught at MBBS level. It is to be noted by the candidates that All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) does not provide a separate syllabus for AIIMS PG entrance exam 2020. However, candidates must know the list of topics that they require to prepare for the entrance exam. AIIMS PG is conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) to offer admission to candidates in its post-graduation courses in MD, MS. AIIMS PG is considered as one of the most difficult entrance exams to crack. Lakh of candidates appear for the available seats every year. To crack the entrance test, aspiring candidates are advised to go through the syllabus thoroughly and also get idea of the AIIMS PG 2020 exam pattern.
AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus Details
The subjects in the syllabus are covered under three phases. All the three phases are mentioned herein below:
- Anatomy : Microanatomy, Neuroanatomy, Gross anatomy, Embryology and Genetics.
- Bio-chemistry: Biological cell, Food assimilation and nutrition, Enzymes, Biomolecules, Metabolic pathways, their regulation and metabolic interrelationships, Environmental biochemistry, Immunology, Hormones, pH, Buffer, Molecular Biology, physiological buffer systems, cancer and cancer makers.
- Physiology: General Physiology, Cardiovascular System, Nerve–Muscle, Environmental Physiology, Blood, Respiratory System, Gastrointestinal System, Nutrition, Reproduction, Neurophysiology – General, Sensory system, Kidney, sleep and higher nervous functions, Motor system, Visceral and motivational system, EEG, Special Senses, Yoga.
- Community medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Clinical postings
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopedics)
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Knowing the exam pattern is as important as knowing the syllabus in order to crack the AIIMS PG 2020 entrance exam. So, here is the AIIMS PG 2020 exam pattern mentioned below:
- The AIIMS PG 2020 exam will be a computer based online test.
- The type of questions in the paper will be multiple choice questions (MCQs) and the number of questions in MD/MS and MDS paper will be different.
- To complete the examination, the time duration for MD/MS will be of 3 hours and for MDS the time duration will be of 90 minutes.
- In the paper of MD/MS exam, the total number of questions will be 200 and in the paper for MDS, the total number of questions will be 90.
- For every correct answer, one mark will be awarded; while for every incorrect answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
Preparation Tips for AIIMS PG 2020
Mentioned herein below are some preparation tips for the candidates who are going to appear for AIIMS PG. Here are a few of them as follows:
- The foremost thing that the candidates should do is to make a proper timetable. Preparing the time table brings seriousness to the preparation for the entrance test.
- Candidates should start their preparation according to the prescribed exam pattern and the syllabus of the entrance test.
- It is very important for the candidates to clear the basic concepts so that they can solve even the trickiest questions.
- Candidates must make it a point to take online mock tests in order to evaluate their pace of solving questions.
- Previous year’s papers as well as sample papers must be solved by the candidates to improve their knowledge. It also helps them to get familiarized with various types of questions.
These tips will certainly help the candidates to prepare well for the AIIMS PG 2020 entrance exam.
Books Recommended for AIIMS PG 2020
Candidates are advised to consult the below mentioned books in order to score well and qualify the AIIMS PG 2020 entrance examination.
|AIIMS Essence (2017–2014) – Vol. 1|
|Harrisons Manual of Medicine, 19th Edition|
|Vision 2019 Mission MD-MS-DNB 3Vols 2nd/2018|
|Across: A Complete Review of Short Subjects – Vol. 4 (PGMEE)|
|Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry|
|Ganong’s Rev of Medical Physiology|
Aspiring candidates must start with their preparation for the entrance exam as soon as they fill up the AIIMS PG 2020 application form. They also must get the AIIMS PG 2020 syllabus at the earliest as without it, they will not be able to start with their preparation.